Azimut Magellano 66 for sale
- 3 Cabins
- 3 Crew
Magellano 66 is the last step in the evolution of the concept of “dual mode” hull born in 2009 with the Magellano 76. It is not one shuttle, nor a trawler or a displacement hull. But, and here's the "trick", it is not even a true displacement hull. The concept of "dual mode" has been optimized and on the 66 the hull is slightly longer at the waterline, offers more stability and improves performance at faster speeds high. The evolution of a whole new species fruit of multiple minds, from Cor D. Rover, the man who thought the lines boat generals, lo Studio Plana by Pierluigi Ausonio who drew the water lines (on the previous models they were by Bill Dixon) and Federica Bertolini who he created the interior design, all supported by the design team of Azimut in Avigliana, not far from Turin. The result it is a very original boat. The external lines reflect the soul of the Magellano 66, its hull: they are therefore not those of a traditional one Long Cruiser, but more modern and with a lot of personality. But they are not not even from a pure planing hull: less aggressive, they can also be liked to sailors and as a whole they are appreciated by a market that is hungry for new ideas, in fact at the Cannes Motor Show, therefore in its debut, of Magellano 66 had already been sold nine copies.
In navigation, the Magellano 66 interprets the idea of the boat very well from the most souls. With a view to maximum autonomy, you can travel, displacing, at 9 knots; or you can you can walk at 14/15 knots, in what is the true cruising-economic speed of the boat (which begins to detach the wave aft at ten knots); but you can go a fastest (at 90% of maximum rpm) at 19 knots; or you can push yourself to full throttle, reaching 24 knots. The strength of Magellan 66 is that in all four of these gaits he has a positive behavior. In our opinion the best of itself the Magellano 66 puts it on display at approx. 12 knots. The performance of the two Volvo Penta is optimal, the water dragged to stern is not too much and the comfort on board is good: the V-Drive of the transmission it doesn't make itself felt too much, which happens when it starts get into it with laps.
If the external lines are very original, inside everything is much more traditional. The watchword is functionality for a boat that, like the first sensation you get when you get on board is an interesting encounter between a traditional fly, and a sailing hull. The strengths are: definitely the large central hall which is all on one level, from the bow to aft there are no steps and the cockpit becomes an integral part of the indoor living area; the large amount of space available for stowage, altogether 14 cubic meters; then there is an excellent study of circulation on board, with the galley and pilot areas functionally well separated from the dinette (which does not happen on any other 66 'on the market) with the crew that can access it from the side, from the gangways. There are two configurations, open space or shuttle, with a separation for the pilot / galley area. Among the cunning that we liked there is the opening in the kitchen behind the pilot that allows you to have a good view towards the stern when mooring. The lower deck, the sleeping area, has the cabin as its strong point stern owner. It makes very good use of all five and a half meters of maximum beam, offers a great view of the sea from the two windows side and is furnished with a very pleasant elegance, not exhibited, welcoming. There is also an abundant, classic guest cabin in the bow "V" design and peninsula bed, and two other guest cabins (one with side-by-side beds and one with overlapping bunks). Overall the places beds are many and comfortable (there are also two berths for the crew with separate aft access).
Descrizioni fornite dal cantiere
For people who want to cruise further afield, without giving up the comfort and elegance of Azimut yachts, but whose real destination is the carefree frivolity of the journey itself. Magellano is always gentle and safe in navigation and has a limited fuel consumption thanks to the innovative Dual Mode hull and its wide range of cruisingspeeds. The interior spaces were designed for long stays on board, with welcoming living areas and spacious cabins
For people who want to cruise further afield, without giving up the comfort and elegance of Azimut yachts, but whose real destination is the carefree frivolity of the journey itself. Magellano is always gentle and safe in navigation and has a limited fuel consumption thanks to the innovative Dual Mode hull and its wide range of cruising speeds. The interior spaces were designed for long stays on board, with welcoming living areas and spacious cabins.
Azimut Yachts came about in 1969, when the young university student Paolo Vitelli founded Azimut Srl, and began chartering sailing boats.
In 1970 some prestigious yachting brands appointed the company to distribute their boats in Italy.
Azimut quickly expanded its operations: Apart from distribution, it began to design new yachts. In a joint venture with Amerglass, it designed the AZ 43’ Bali, a mass-produced fibreglass boat, which was an immediate success.
The company gradually expanded its range, focussing on the lower end of the market - with the launch of the AZ 32’ Targa in 1977, the “Ford T” of the boat world - and upper end too - (with the memorable début of the Azimut 105’ Failaka in 1982, the biggest mass-produced yacht in fibreglass at the time).
The acquisition of Benetti and the start of own production
In 1985 Azimut acquired Benetti. This historical brand, based in Viareggio, had been building boats since 1873, and designed the concept of the megayacht.
Azimut was now able construct its own yachts, defining new style and industry standards that would go on to revolutionise the boat building industry, such as: large frameless windows, electric seats, and walnut interiors.
From the late nineties onwards, with the acquisition of new boatyards at Fano, the restructuring of the Benetti boatyards at Viareggio and the construction of a new site at Avigliana, in the province of Turin, Azimut went on to become the foremost builder of yachts and megayachts.
This leadership position was confirmed in subsequent seasons, thanks to numerous business successes and an investment policy which has consolidated Azimut's technological and production capacities over the years, with sites now established in Brazil.
• Our understanding is that the vessel complies with the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull and superstructure in GRP sandwich with balsa core and vinylester resin.
• Engine room in monolithic fiberglass
• Floors are infused into the hull, as well as the structural "trays" on which the furniture is then
• Semi-displacement hull form
• Metallic grey finished topsides
• Teak laid side decks, bathing platform and flybridge
• Structural bimini at flybridge with electric retractable fabric bimini top
• Hi-low hydraulic lowering bathing platform for tender launching
• 2x Volvo Penta D13 800hp diesel engines
• Closed circulation freshwater engine cooling via saltwater intake and heat exchanger.
• V-drive gearboxes to shaft drives
• Joystick control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: 550 approx. as of Autumn 2021
• Cruising speed: approx 18 knots
• Maximum speed: approx. 23 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
• Hydraulic steering system
• Bennett trim tabs
• Proportional speed bow & stern electric thrusters
• Seakeeper zero-speed gyroscopic stabilser system
• 24vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shore power, generator or inverters
• 24vDC service battery banks
• Engine start batteries
• Generator start battery
• Thruster batteries
• Battery chargers
• 2 x engine-mounted alternators
• Kohler 20.5kw 220vAC diesel generator
• 220vAC shore power connection
• 220vAC sockets in interior
• USB sockets in all cabins
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 24vDC high-pressure pump systems
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• Hot water boiler tanks via 220v immersion heater element.
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• 4,500 litres fuel tank capacity
• 1,000 litres water tank capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
Raymarine Gold Package consisting of:-
• Flybridge: 2x chartplotter Axiom Pro 12, Raymarine p70Rs autopilot, VHF 2nd station, Open Array Magnum 4kW 48”, G P S antenna R S 150
• Main helm: 2x chartplotter Axiom Pro 12, Raymarine p70Rs autopilot, VHF Ray90
• Miele oven with 220vAC ceramic plate
• Fridge and icemaker in saloon
• Electric vacuum flush freshwater heads in all heads
• Sinks and showers with hot & cold-water supply
Heating & Ventilation
• 220vAC Reverse cycle air-conditioning system in all cabins with 92,000 BTU output
• Flatscreen TV system in saloon on hi-lo lift
• Satellite TV antenna with decoder
• Stereo system with speakers
• Ash oak interior joinery throughout with contrasting dark wood floors
• Cream/off-white upholstery
Accommodation Layout from Forwards:
• VIP cabin forward with centreline double berth.
• Enuite heads to port.
• Twin guest cabin aft to starboard with ensuite heads
• Twin guest bunk cabin aft to port
• Full beam amidships master cabin with centreline double berth. Vanity with seat to port.
• Large ensuite heads with walk-in shower
• Crew cabin at stern with heads
• Large saloon on main deck with l-shaped settee seating to port and further settee to starboard.
• Dining area forward with 6x free standing chairs
• Lower helm station forward to starboard with captain and navigators chairs
• Galley opposite to starboard with door access to side decks
• Teak with black joints on cockpit, bow area and flybridge
• Hydraulic passarelle gangway
• Hydraulic swimming platform for tender stowage and launching
• Tender garage with electric-hydraulic tender launch system
• Main deck dining table and seating at stern
• Foredeck u-shaped seating with drinks table
• Flybridge with helm station to starboard
• Sofa seating at forward end of flybridge
• U-shaped dining seating to port.
• Wetbar opposite to starboard
• Aft flybridge area with sun-loungers
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 24vDC electric anchor windlass
• Chain counter
• Galvanised steel anchor with chain
• Chain washing system
• Warps & fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Hardtop with blade roof on the flybridge
• Closed cell cushions with waterproof fabric
La Società pubblica i dettagli di questa imbarcazione in buona fede e non può pertanto avvallare o garantire l'esattezza di tale informazione.
AZIMUT MAGELLANO 66 Year 2019
Yacht in excellent condition. Only owner.For those who wish to cruise further afield, without giving up the comfort and elegance of Azimut yachts, but whose true destination is the carefree frivolity of the journey itself.
Magellano is always gentle and safe when sailing and has limited fuel consumption thanks to the innovative Dual Mode hull and its wide range of cruising speeds.
The interior spaces are designed for long stays on board, with cozy seating areas and spacious cabins.